When I’m feeling sexy, I tend to attract positive things into my life, and I also have a hell of a lot more fun. Here are a few ways you can help yourself feel like a goddess right now. Believe me, your soul will purr when you’ve accomplished everything on this list.
1. Lose your sweatpants. Please, honey. The only thing you’re attracting right now is a handful of lint pills on those over washed Victoria’s Secret PINK sweatpants. Put on some cute shorts or a flirty skirt that makes you feel your sexiest. Remember, you don’t need to wear dresses to feel sexy. You need to wear what makes YOU feel sexy. If that means a pair of tight-fitting jeans that show off your booty, then so be it. If it means wearing a pair of destroyed jeans with a hot tank top, then go for it. Just make sure you’re not wearing something that makes you want to curl up on the couch and fall asleep. Unless you plan on simply having dreams about sex and not going anywhere. That isn’t the goal today, though!
2. Spritz on some perfume. Don’t overdo it, though. You don’t want to smell like a hoochie in Gucci perfume. Wear something that boosts your mood. I recommend LAVANILA – a combination of lavender and vanilla that smells like the sex bed of angels. http://www.sephora.com/vanilla-lavender-fragrance-P231501
3. Brush your teeth and clean your tongue thoroughly. Most people don’t realize that the tongue is where much of the bacteria remains in your mouth. Gross, yes, but if you clean it properly with toothpaste and a tongue scraper, your mouth will be minty fresh and you will feel delicious!
4. Fix your makeup. Freshen your eyeliner and add some fresh blush to give your cheeks a shiny apple glow. But too much blush can make you look like Ronald McDonald. And we aren’t trying to get onto a Mickey D’s campaign. Natural and simple is best, with a coat of your favorite lipstick. Anything that makes you feel powerful.
5. Role play. Sometimes it’s fun to pretend you’re the lead character of a romantic comedy or epic love story. As long as you don’t take it too far and develop an identity crisis, you’re good
6. Eat something sensually and slowly. Say, a lollipop or a banana. You will feel a whole lot sexier when you take your time while eating. You shouldn’t rush through sex, so why rush through eating that yummy banana? Be sure to peel it slowly, too
7. Exercise. No, I am not one of those people who encourages exercise as a way to prevent the “muffin top.” I encourage exercise for the health benefits. But did you know that you can also increase your sex drive significantly when you work out? Hell yes, sista! According to a study published on ABC News, weight lifting, yoga, running, biking and even walking can give women feelings of sexual pleasure or something called Exercise Induced Orgasm. My kind of workout! Read more about it here: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/study-reveals-coregasm-orgasm-exercise-real-women/t/story?id=15955635
8. Dim the lights. Bright lights give me a headache. Turn to dimmer floor and table lamps for a sexy effect. Burn scented pillar candles that smell like your favorite dessert. Good enough to eat.
9. Fantasize. I do it all the time. Do you have any idea how many beautiful men I have fiercely undressed in my mind while on the subway? Let yourself imagine. What’s the hurt? It’ll only make you feel better and get your mind off of other things that are bothering you.
10. Listen to sexy oldies. Nothing like a little Chaka Khan, “Sweet Thing.”
11. Find your favorite body part and accentuate it with color, jewels, beads, feathers, whatever!
12. Ditch the granny panties. Or ditch the panties altogether. When appropriate, go free! There may be a time and a place for these. Now is not that time. Putting on your Big Girl Panties means knowing when to take them off.
13. Paint on a coat of bright, sexy nail polish on your fingernails and toenails. This makes such a positive difference in the way you will feel. Just please, please don’t dig into your handbag to answer the phone when you’ve painted your nails. Nothing says unsexy like a smudged mani.
14. Kiss the mirror. Leave your lip prints there and tell yourself how beautiful you are. This is where true sex appeal begins. Stop all criticism now. Love yourself every day and you will feel sexier and sexier.
Any other suggestions? Add ‘em to the list in the comments section!